Dragon Quest +

Membre
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:26
Wow ! It's a good job, really. I hope i can play one day. Good luck.
"Jamais dans la tendance, toujours dans la bonne direction."

Loutre !
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:30
Citation ( Zenithian le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:13 )

Yeah ! The first DQ skinned as DQ III, that sounds pretty cool ! But be carefull, sometimes Square Enix stop such project, because of copyright and stuff like this, they made it for Chrono Ressurection (God, why did they do that...).
Will you use only DQ III sprites or will you make others ? Probably there're monsters that are not in both episodes...
Well, nevermind, good luck, if you achieve this project we'll be glad to test it !

Believe me I know how Square Enix is. Even if they do try and stop me I'll find other means of doing the project. I will complete it. I really wanted Chrono Ressurection though! All Square wants to do is re-release it in 2d all the time. Why not remake a masterpiece in 3D?!

I'm using mostly Dragon Quest 3 and 6 sprites in this game. The monsters will be animated while attacking(hopefully) and will be from Dq3 and other various DQ games. If you want, you can become a tester right now and test the game. If you'd like to, I can show you how.
Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:57
Citation ( Ljink le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:26 )

You guys are so helpful. Really helpful people.

Even better : we are french. 8-)

Citation ( Ljink le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:30 )

I'm using mostly Dragon Quest 3 and 6 sprites in this game. The monsters will be animated while attacking(hopefully) and will be from Dq3 and other various DQ games. If you want, you can become a tester right now and test the game. If you'd like to, I can show you how.

I'd like to test it, but I suppose that mean testers have to try everything right ? Not only playing the game, but searching bugs everywhere, testing everything possible ? Like the use of Chimera's Wings in cave, dungeon etc, I suppose.
Or maybe you have a list of things to test. :O

Ho, say , what about the music ? Will you use the Snes version, or will you use something else, like the Symphonic version looped, or music from Battle Road Victory ? Or Will you replay them yourself ? :O

Anyway, for now I just love the way you put artworks in the dialogues boxes, just like in Final Fantasy games. It's pretty cool, really. ... Will we have something nice for the puff-puff ? :aaarg:
"Sometimes I have trouble remembering when things happened. I've gone back and forth so much, I've contradicted my own timeline. Half of it doesn't make sense anymore."
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 13:17
Citation ( darkwillalex le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:57 )

Citation ( Ljink le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:26 )

You guys are so helpful. Really helpful people.

Even better : we are french. 8-)

Citation ( Ljink le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 12:30 )

I'd like to test it, but I suppose that mean testers have to try everything right ? Not only playing the game, but searching bugs everywhere, testing everything possible ? Like the use of Chimera's Wings in cave, dungeon etc, I suppose.
Or maybe you have a list of things to test. :O

Ho, say , what about the music ? Will you use the Snes version, or will you use something else, like the Symphonic version looped, or music from Battle Road Victory ? Or Will you replay them yourself ? :O

Anyway, for now I just love the way you put artworks in the dialogues boxes, just like in Final Fantasy games. It's pretty cool, really. ... Will we have something nice for the puff-puff ? :aaarg:

Yes, if you'd be willing to test it, a bug report is recommended. So exactly things like Chimera wings working in dungeons and stuff like that. I can tell you that the mechanic isn't working yet. Neither is the animated monsters. I'm working on it. There is also a Bug Net on my site where you can discuss bugs that you've caught.

Oh yes, the music. I love DQ music so much. I am primarily using Battle Road Victory music and SNES music. I thought about a Symphonic version but I haven't gotten around to that yet. I'm working on a looping system so it doesn't sound so awkward when a song ends.

I thought that including artwork with dialogue would be a neat addition and it is inspired by Final Fantasy a bit. About that puff puff... don't think I can show those... heh. I would love to but I probably won't. I'll think about it. ;-)
Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 13:29
Ha ha the puff-puff thing would make the game 18+ ! XD

I also suggest you to listen some of the Itadaki Street (PS2 and PSP) that contain DQI music, like the town theme and the Finale, because I do not think theire are in the BRV OST. :)

I'll check your website to see all bugs reported. ;)
"Sometimes I have trouble remembering when things happened. I've gone back and forth so much, I've contradicted my own timeline. Half of it doesn't make sense anymore."
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 13:37
Citation ( darkwillalex le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 13:29 )

Ha ha the puff-puff thing would make the game 18+ ! XD

I also suggest you to listen some of the Itadaki Street (PS2 and PSP) that contain DQI music, like the town theme and the Finale, because I do not think theire are in the BRV OST. :)

I'll check your website to see all bugs reported. ;)

I agree, maybe I should make different rated versions.

I'll listen to the Itadaki street OST to find music that I can't find on BRV.

If you want to join our team you can follow these instructions.

Copy and paste this link into your browser: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4058/

Once signed up if the browser doesn't take you back to the game page, just backtrack or whatever.

Click "Subscribe" and I'll be notified. Then I'll add you as a tester. Once that happens we'll go from there and you'll be able to play the game.

Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 14:33
Done ! ;)
In Itadaki Street Special (PS2) you can find a track from DQII, "Only Lonely Boy" used when you choose which scroll to charge. The "Finale" from DQI, "Chateau Ladutorn" the castle music theme, "Unknown World", the main theme, the battle theme and final battle theme,the town theme, the overture from the first DQ (the longuest version, the one used before the DQIV's version).

I saw on your link that theire will be extra content in the game (I saw Tao Paipai ! XD) mermaids etc, so I was wondering... Will the short story of Kenshin DQ will be aded ? :O
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Mardi 21 Mai 2013 à 19:37
Citation ( darkwillalex le Lundi 20 Mai 2013 à 14:33 )

Done ! ;)
In Itadaki Street Special (PS2) you can find a track from DQII, "Only Lonely Boy" used when you choose which scroll to charge. The "Finale" from DQI, "Chateau Ladutorn" the castle music theme, "Unknown World", the main theme, the battle theme and final battle theme,the town theme, the overture from the first DQ (the longuest version, the one used before the DQIV's version).

I saw on your link that theire will be extra content in the game (I saw Tao Paipai ! XD) mermaids etc, so I was wondering... Will the short story of Kenshin DQ will be aded ? :O

Yeah, good ole' mercenary Tao. As for Kenshin, I don't know. When I get some time, I'll explain how sidequests and world gates work. I just recently found a temporary fix for my PC so development can resume for the time being. The game was actually, script/battle wise, complete last June but due to new ideas/content and PC issues it got pushed back. I'll probably have new screens/gameplay video by sometime in June.
Mardi 21 Mai 2013 à 21:20
The only caracter I've ever seen that killed someone with his tongue ! X)
Ho, okay okay. Still a lot of work to do right ? ^^
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 19:49
Hi everyone it's Ljink! Dragon Quest + is going great! It is truly turning into something that I never thought it would be. The game will be translated into Spanish and French only. The Japanese version will be held off until someone else wants to translate it. Now we'll see how the Japanese feel when a game doesn't get translated into Japanese... HA! Just kidding but I just want to show off some screenshots and info. First... the screens

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/Personality_Quiz.png
The Personalty Quiz returns!

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/A_Personality_Test_Scenario.png

This is one of the scenarios that you could land on in the personality quiz.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/Zenith_Joins.png
Edited Battle System. In Dragon Quest + you get to travel with young King Zenith as he becomes the king.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/Screenshot_from_20131012_12_34_49.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/HNI_0081.png

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/HNI_0073_JPG.JPG

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/New_Map_Item.png

This new map item will allow you to check the map at the press of a number key! Or you can open it by the menu.

So, overall the game is growing into something good. The personality test is near the epicness of DQ3r on SNES, I'm currently working on 3 other personality final tests and the mini games. After those are complete I can work on the rebuild of Hauksness and the bonus dungeons.

I hope you guys are looking forward to this game! ^^ If you are French I apologize if you can't read this. I should learn the language but I don't have time with school and all that stuff. If you don't understand this update please use Google Translate. That's what I do. Have a great day! If you can, feel free to subscribe to the game to help gain traction at Subsribe Here After Registration
Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:23
Wow this looks like this is going to be the real shit! (Don't get me wrong ;) ) I love the sprites and the fact that you won't be alone fighting. Do you already know when you'll have finshed making the game? Also I think my english is good enough to help you with the traduction of the game. :)
Celui qui lutte contre les monstres doit veiller à ne pas le devenir lui-même. Or, quand ton regard pénètre longtemps au fond d’un abîme, l’abîme, lui aussi, pénètre en toi.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:31
Citation ( GregoriusIX le Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:23 )

Wow this looks like this is going to be the real shit! (Don't get me wrong ;) ) I love the sprites and the fact that you won't be alone fighting. Do you already know when you'll have finshed making the game? Also I think my english is good enough to help you with the traduction of the game. :)

Thanks bro! I'll have the game finished by next August hopefully! And sure, your English is great! You can help in the translation all you want. On January something, I will make a blog about those who want to be a translator. So keep that in mind. There you will receive all the information that you need regarding translation efforts.
Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:35
Ok, nice I'm looking forward to it! Btw I just went on your website and whenever I click on the 'dragon quest + demo 1.1.1b' link it brings me back on the homepage of rpgmaker.net. Does that means there is no demo?
Celui qui lutte contre les monstres doit veiller à ne pas le devenir lui-même. Or, quand ton regard pénètre longtemps au fond d’un abîme, l’abîme, lui aussi, pénètre en toi.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:37
Citation ( GregoriusIX le Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:35 )

Ok, nice I'm looking forward to it! Btw I just went on your website and whenever I click on the 'dragon quest + demo 1.1.1b' link it brings me back on the homepage of rpgmaker.net. Does that means there is no demo?

Oh, you have to be a tester to download it. If you want to do that just join, tell me you joined, subscribe to the game and then I'll let you know when you can download it. The demo for everyone will be up by December.
Dimanche 20 Octobre 2013 à 21:40
I joined and posted a message so you could find me easily. How do you subscribe to the game?
Edit: Just found it!