Dragon Quest +

Miss DQFan
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 23:36

Citation: Romain-Rahl le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 21:59

Citation: Ljink le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 20:10

Citation ( angelo97 le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 19:58 )

Hai That's really a nice project, nice to see it again :) I might be helpful if you need some. I'm taking a few english lessons in the few months, so shall I increase my english, which is actually far from being good. Btw my grammar and writing in French is kinda good, so if you need another translator or a corrector, I'm up and i having some free time. My mail and contacts are on my profile if you want to ;)

Thank you! So glad so many people here are stepping up to help! Once the english version is finished, it'll be easier for me to see what french translations will be needed. I will make sure to get in contact with you once everything is finalized.

Don't trust him, he's from Switzerland, he can't speak (or even understand) french correctly.

Les Suisses t'emmerdent x) .

Je suis la Petite Sayo, et j'aime les pizza
Membre
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 12 Juin 2016 à 02:18

Citation: La Petite Sayo le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 23:36

Citation: Romain-Rahl le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 21:59

Citation: Ljink le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 20:10

Citation ( angelo97 le Vendredi 10 Juin 2016 à 19:58 )

Hai That's really a nice project, nice to see it again :) I might be helpful if you need some. I'm taking a few english lessons in the few months, so shall I increase my english, which is actually far from being good. Btw my grammar and writing in French is kinda good, so if you need another translator or a corrector, I'm up and i having some free time. My mail and contacts are on my profile if you want to ;)

Thank you! So glad so many people here are stepping up to help! Once the english version is finished, it'll be easier for me to see what french translations will be needed. I will make sure to get in contact with you once everything is finalized.

Don't trust him, he's from Switzerland, he can't speak (or even understand) french correctly.

Les Suisses t'emmerdent x) .

POPOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Appelez-moi Siturba. Par pitié...)
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 12 Juin 2016 à 03:10
What's a popooooooo?
(Modérateur)
Miss DQFan
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 12 Juin 2016 à 09:03
Citation ( Ljink le Dimanche 12 Juin 2016 à 03:10 )

What's a popooooooo?

Just a stupid reaction. Don't pay attention, it doesn't worth it. :)

But if you still wanna know, it's the kind of thing someone says when a person kinda verbally clashes another, and says something that doesn't let any retort to be given.
Je suis modeste comme tous les génies.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Mardi 28 Juin 2016 à 16:20
Ceci est une très petite mise à jour. J'ai décidé d'utiliser le style classique Dragon Quest de systèmes de menu. J'espère qu'il n'y a pas de rancune.

This is a very small update. I have decided to use the classic Dragon Quest style of menu systems. I hope there are no hard feelings.

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/FinalMenuSystem.png

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/Garais_Tomb.png
Membre
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mardi 28 Juin 2016 à 18:45
C'est encore mieux comme ça ! Good job ! ;)
GUDUGUDUGUDUGUDUGUDUGUDUGUDUGUDU
Mister DQFan
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mardi 28 Juin 2016 à 22:56
Effectivement, ça colle mieux à l'ambiance retro de tes graph !
J'aime beaucoup !
S'il n'y a pas de solutions, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problèmes!
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Jeudi 30 Juin 2016 à 14:57
I also think it's better. It looks cool !
"Il n'y a pas d'échecs, que des abandons."
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 06:02
First of all, happy late New Years everybody!!! And sit back because this is going to be a big one.

Now, I digress, I know you've all been wanting to know more about the progress of the game. As some of you may know Universtiy took a huge toll on the game's progress and at times progress came to an absolute halt. So in effect, while progress isn't where I want it to be, it's still is nothing to sneeze at. But before I get to the progress, I've got something else to get out the way.

I'm thinking of some sort of contest that'll take place over RMN, Dragon's Den (Largest US/CA Dragon Quest Fan Site) and Dragon Quest Fan (Largest French Dragon Quest Fan Site). I don't know the exact details of what the contest will entail but the winners of the contest will get small prizes. I'm thinking the prizes will be things like SNES USB Controllers as DQ+ is mean to be a DQ3 SNES reimagination of the game, Mini Medals for runner ups, and Dragon Quest Vinyl and Plushies. Nothing huge, but that's what I'm thinking of doing.

NOW, to the update. One good thing that did come out of University was the fact that I learned a great deal of PHP programming. It was the first programming language I really learned and it taught me so much in terms of programming tricks. So I decided to implement those concepts into RPG Maker Events which is quite time consuming but it makes sense on a 2k3 game.

What you need to know from this is that I've made a system that makes developing the game really easy. For the first time in all of my projects, I can visualize the game being finished. And as I test the game, I keep telling myself that you guys (Fans of classic JRPGS and Dragon Quest in general) are going to love it and that's really the only thing that matters to me.

Progress Made Overall:==========================================================

a.) Implemented my own random battle stepcounter/encounter function. 100% done.

b.) Implemented menu equip/unequip/info for all weapons, armor, and accessories.

https://s24.postimg.org/4bstdqhl1/Equip_Menu.png

https://s27.postimg.org/sg65dozqr/Equip_Weapons.png

c.) You can now change the text speed from 1-9 with 9 being the slowest.

d.) Status menu has been implemented. 100% done

https://s24.postimg.org/bubymd8xx/Status_Menu.png

e.) Enemy encounters only require a call event to change stats and abilities of the current enemy.

https://s24.postimg.org/aa6mnz0jp/A_She_Slime.png

f.) I fixed all transparency issues onset by mixing and matching executable patches/utilities. So now I can use events as clouds. This is a very small thing but it really helps bring the overworld to life.

https://s24.postimg.org/gu9eubekl/Wandering_The_Fields.png

Random Screens:

https://s24.postimg.org/wpy8xm551/Snowy_Field.png

https://s24.postimg.org/97re8bbet/A_Mysterious_Pyramid.png

What's Left?:==========================================================

a.) Records and Magic implementation. Both are really simple, the only thing I don't like is setting the pointers and stuff.

b.) Redoing monster animations to match the SNES animations. I've gotten a hold of battle sprites from DQ3 SNES and I'm redoing the animations to match the style of this game.

c.) Monster behaviors. This again, is really simple. I've found a great tutorial on Gamefaqs that walks through how enemies behave so that's really helping me out.

d.) Ironing out the minigame. Yes, minigame. I've for now chosen to focus on slots as the main minigame included. It's also very possible that I also get blackjack/21 implemented as well before release. Slime quest, on the other hand, is very finicky. I still plan on doing Slime Quest, maybe a level or 2 but not much more.

e.) The item shop. Again, this is very easy to do. It will be completely custom and not message based like previous versions that testers played. It'll be more like the SNES shops.

f.) Post game content. I've got a slew of ideas that are slated for the post game. Trust me folks, it'll be great, everybody says so.

g.) French Translation: The french translation is still in the books. Thanks to dreamaker and Picture Text creator.

Done by end of 2017?:==========================================================

At this point, I'm optimistic that the game will be done by the end of 2017. I know what needs to be done, I know how to do it. It's just that time clashing with University. To make matters worse, Zelda: Breath of the Wild is slated for March. That game is going to consume so much of my time. But I will make sure to work on Dragon Quest + as much as possible.

As I've said, my goal is to make this game the most authentic, and best version of Dragon Quest 1 you can play on any console, handheld or smartphone. I hope you've had a wonderful new year, here's to an amazing 2017! Seriously there's so many great games coming this year.

~Ljink

(Administrateur)
Master Chief
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 07:42
This is amazing, what an impressive work! It looks so professional and authentic!!!

Thanks for the update!!! When the project will be over, if you are ok with this, we will dedicate a page on our website to present your game, with all due credits, of course.
Rien qu'une seconde... S'enflammer comme un éclair!
Membre
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 12:28
Amazing !!

Are you interested to translate into french your game ?
(Modérateur)
Le gluant de métal
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 13:01
Thumbs up, this is completly huge !!
It'd be amazing to translate it into French yep, and I think we have the team to do this. DQ1 doesn't have a lot of script so it would be kinda fast I guess, the longer would be to implement all the French scripts into the game and make a FR patch, but if you're interested on that I think there's something to think about !
Happy new year and good luck on your progress !
Ouvrez une école, fermez une prison.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 17:20
Citation ( Poppu le Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 07:42 )

This is amazing, what an impressive work! It looks so professional and authentic!!!

Thanks for the update!!! When the project will be over, if you are ok with this, we will dedicate a page on our website to present your game, with all due credits, of course.

Yup, that's the goal. I want to make this the best DQ1 ever created :D And of course, when the project is done I'd be honored if you guys dedicated a page to it. That'd be amazing!!! :aaarg: :lol:

Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 17:25
Citation ( killvan le Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 12:28 )

Amazing !!

Are you interested to translate into french your game ?

Vous pouvez parler français si vous voulez. Je peux utiliser google translate pour traduire votre message.

Oui, ce jeu va recevoir une traduction française qui aura lieu après la sortie en anglais ou peut-être même avant la sortie de la version anglaise. Une fois le jeu terminé, je ferai un fil qui recrutera des traducteurs pour la version française. :-)
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 17:29
Citation ( angelo97 le Mardi 3 Janvier 2017 à 13:01 )

Thumbs up, this is completly huge !!
It'd be amazing to translate it into French yep, and I think we have the team to do this. DQ1 doesn't have a lot of script so it would be kinda fast I guess, the longer would be to implement all the French scripts into the game and make a FR patch, but if you're interested on that I think there's something to think about !
Happy new year and good luck on your progress !

Yeah, Dragon Quest 1 doesn't have much script to it. However, I am including a ton of bonus content that will greatly increase the size of the script. You guys on this site are very helpful, more helpful than even my American colleagues XD So I'm sure we'll get the French version out in a timely fashion.