Dragon Quest 2 to 3D

Lundi 25 Mai 2009 à 18:31
ok bon
j'ai passé mon niveau a2 aujourd'hui et je m'y connais un peu en anglais alors parle comme tu veux :)
certains disent Geek d'autres Nolife pour moi rien ne change appart le niveau du player :p
Mardi 26 Mai 2009 à 10:40
QUESTION !!

Where can I find the available attacks of the creatures ??

I mean : example : if a slime attack it says -> slime attacks with headbutt ( example )

where can I find these types of attack ? ( slime -> headbutt -> chance of attacking with it = 80% , etc... )

Can some plz help ??

T.
A Great Game creator is the one that finishes the game independantly of it is a good or bad game.
Mardi 26 Mai 2009 à 17:08
Here is the first battle scene image :)

Added shadow to the Slimes, it also moves correctly when the slime is being hit !

Added mouse support, so the battling will be completely mouse driven, for lazy pc dudes :)

and when hovering with the mouse over the enemy it displays you some data ( the name for now )

http://users.telenet.be/u122561/DragonQuest2/BattleScene01.png

it is far from complete but some comments are always welcome

NOTE that this is an image converted to 256 colors...

Enjoy

T.
A Great Game creator is the one that finishes the game independantly of it is a good or bad game.
Mardi 26 Mai 2009 à 20:09
ohhhh great for a begin it's succesfully !
certains disent Geek d'autres Nolife pour moi rien ne change appart le niveau du player :p
Jeudi 28 Mai 2009 à 21:40
Little update on a day of hard work ;)

I discovered that the 3D engine slows down seriously when lots of text is drawn to the screen , so I had to find another solution.
And I did :)

I changed the text to sprites, sprites do not take up render time and there can be thousands of them, only problem was to get it in the correct spot, that is still a problem but I'm working on it.
Second problem was the buttons that I created, they were based on Images, that doesn't work anymore because the buttons are drawn later then te sprite, so the text is behind the images :(

Then I tried to use sprites behind the text sprites to use as buttons, didn't work either because they cannot be picked by the mouse pointer :(

so i need to change them to billboarded 3d objects that can be picked by the mouse pointer and dynamicaly attach an event to it by using a delegate.

Anyway, I'll try the last part tomorrow, and I'll keep you guys informed :)

good evening :)

T.
Membre
Mardi 2 Juin 2009 à 20:14
C'est quoi le nom de l'Engine que tu utilise????
Mardi 2 Juin 2009 à 21:13
Blitz 3D SDK avec C#
Mardi 2 Juin 2009 à 21:14
Ca ma couter 100$ qoui
Jeudi 4 Juin 2009 à 00:16
WHOOO more then 16000 reads on my post :aaarg: :aaarg: :aaarg:
(Modérateur)
Membre
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mercredi 10 Juin 2009 à 02:10
Some improvements

- clean the portraits
- change the font
- the bottom of each portrait should “touch” the border
- add a border for the life and mana bars
Episode 1 rocks.
Helmut Fritz
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mercredi 10 Juin 2009 à 08:31
TaylorMouse : Could you please change the color of life bar when it is in Danger (<20%) and when it is at 50% (50-20%) ? Idem for mana bar.

Thanks !

EDIT : And make a landscape, please.
Mercredi 10 Juin 2009 à 17:07
Citation

- clean the portraits

On this image the portraits are indeed not clean, but in the game, when there are more then 256 colors ( not as in this image ) it looks a lot cleaner

Citation

- change the font

The font is not the one I will be using, it will be a 3d font, so that it stays clear when zoomed -> busy with that

Citation

- the bottom of each portrait should touch the border

mm I kinda liked it like this... I will check this by doing some test and then I will post it here for review

Citation

- add a border for the life and mana bars

No problem there, these where just for testing the position and the functionality.

Tnx for the feedback :)
T.
Mercredi 10 Juin 2009 à 17:10
Citation ( Yaga le Mercredi 10 Juin 2009 à 08:31 )

TaylorMouse : Could you please change the color of life bar when it is in Danger (<20%) and when it is at 50% (50-20%) ? Idem for mana bar.

Thanks !

EDIT : And make a landscape, please.

The landscape is no problem, but it is not the priority, since it does not require any coding

About the lifebar, yeah I could do something... I don't just know what yet
thx
for the feedback :)

T.
Helmut Fritz
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Mercredi 10 Juin 2009 à 18:23
Wonderful !

And... can we seen the special effects, please ? Because I'd like see that for give my opinion about the effects of magic spells and competences.

Thanks ;)
Vendredi 12 Juin 2009 à 12:32
The special fx will be introduced soon, but just a few because I would like the battle engine ready first :)

T.